Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Project Wedding: Popular Bridal Updos


1. The Modern, Messy Chic Updo. (Picture Below) For this updo, hair is taken from the front of the head in small sections and almost curled to the back, creating the image of a loop pattern on the back of the bride's head. Wisps of hair are let loose to give the tight updo a messy and chic look. Overall, I love this hairstyle, however I suggest that the bride wear a head piece or an accenting hair accessory with this updo in order to show off the craftsmanship of the hairstyle. I would not recomend covering it with a traditional veil.
2. Elegant Side Updo with Accenting Flowers: This is for the simple and elegant bride. Personally, I picture this updo used on a lovely summer day in a quaint little backyard garden ceremony. For this updo, I also recomend not using the traditional veil, because it will definitely get caught in the flower accessories, and there is nothing worse than being caught in your veil and making a fool of yourself, moments before you say "I Do". This is a perfect updo for a fun, flirty bride on a perfect summer's day.

3. Prom Style Updo with Stiff Curls: This updo reminds me of grade 12 prom. No, I personally did not get it done, but many other girls did. I'm not a huge fan of this style, esspecially because you need to be prepared to extract 300 bobby pins and was out two bottles of hairspray once you go to bed after the big day. I'm definitely not discouraging this style, it's very simple, elegant and gorgeous. However, the harsh reality is that it is a pain to remove once the big day is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a